14 November 2010

ALMOST ARCHITECTURE






 A Day in the Life of a University of Utah Student....Friday I had the privilege of walking through the construction site of the CITY CREEK PROJECT with 14 architecture and city planning students. We saw the multi-million dollar parking deck which inhabits an entire block underground. We also were guided through the condos to get a beautiful view of the city and the ongoing project below.

After returning to school, the student I TA for had a final project review, so I walked around trying to hear them present while Philip was asked to be a juror for one of the sections. I'm having so much fun being involved, I hardly want to graduate!




A older missionary couple who has been serving in our church for the last 2 years are leaving and I was asked to do a sketch for a thank you gift. I sketched our church - a modernized model of an former baptist church - is a similar reflection of the inner-city member that attend. A very unique, yet well loved bunch. It gave me a chance to be outside for a while and truly enjoy the nature of detail. I always credit my dad for that hobby. And, I was immediately blessed, as I found a free ergonomic chair on the side of the road for studio! No more sitting on a stool!

1 comment:

j pipes said...

so talented. ur my favorite artist! ...and i regret to inform u that i never sketched u anything while on my hike... but i took some pretty pictures! (i think i'm more successful at that) love u!