28 September 2012

MY CITY


It has just past the 3 years since I moved west and I'm starting to get confused as to which place I mine. There are big things happening during these two weeks an there are so many changes I'm still facing. When will this whirlwind stop? I'm an ever moving unit in a nonstop city. There has been hardly space to soak it in.
One message I have reflected on is my obsession with not being from here... It seems to come up too often to ignore and I wonder if I come off proud being from a place such as Illinois. Or sandwich for that matter. I just feel like it is my place, it is a uniqueness to a very 2 sided culture. Yet when I'm home and speak of the matter I am floored that I have been out and feel that I can be identified with this place which many still feel is the Wild West. I grew up thinking it was beyond reach, a day and hours away... And to think people are actually living where dinosaur bones have been discovered. So it leaves me in a place somewhere in between, still trying to find an identity or a next move and with little satisfaction of knowing that I may not be in total control. It's a magnificent and odd feeling to move away from your land. It's displacing in a way that only travel has made more possible in recent years.

And now I'm off to one of those half obligation half excited events, hoping to visit more the theoretical place that my mind sits, this blog.

1 comment:

Racher said...

Well, think blogging much, much more often might be helpful in exploring a sense of identity :)Hope you are doing great!