26 May 2007

LONDON LONDON

Cheerio from London!

It is finally appropriate for me to annoy everyone with my British accent. Some girls in Canterbury said that our accent was quite posh and were so intense about learning it and imitating us! According to them, my accent rocked, so we exchanged American items from our purses with English ones. Good night this was. I loved Canterbury and its quaint old-fashioned town. The mall was practically the entire town, and every building was historical. There was a church there that was 800 years old, and it is just amazing how its stones are resilient after all these years. I am sorry I cannot post pictures now, but I am using one of their business centers for free...o how snappy! I will be sure to do that at home, because my numbers are up to 900 photos. I'll try to cut back 2 or 3.

So this adventure has led me to alternating conclusions on how life may turn for me this time. I have a number of journal entries that I will post after I get home, but reading over them circulates my mind into confusion. I explain in many circumstances that I am numb to love, yet there are still moments after where I break down to want nothing more. I learn what I want from observation, but yet not have understood that from God. I have been playing a game of 'I am weak, but I am strong' and this dichotomy construes my efforts to ever settle on what I must accomplish. However, I must live in this moment, and "a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life" (Titus 1:2). I can not put this much hope in someone else, but can always place all my hope in God. (Titus 3:3-6)

From a quote by "Shakespeare in Love" on the plane, Shakespeare asks,

"How does this end?"
"I say with tears and a journey"

now an assurance that with time, realization will come. With more love, so will come the healing.

I love and miss you.

No comments: