17 November 2008

HOLD FAST TO THAT WHICH IS GOOD

Honesty. Patience. Humility. Testimony.

BAPTISM DATE: NOV. 22ND
BAPTISM TIME: 10:00 A.M.
LOCATION:
CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
604 WINDSOR ROAD, CHAMPAIGN, IL





1 Thessalonians 5
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

I'm not sure that I knew how sacred this place was when I took this picture. How beautiful and pure the stone, how vast the sky-painted ceiling symbolized, how short and few the pilgrimage would be. I stand all amazed. I feel peace when I look at this picture. I wish I could take back all the times I spoke of blaspheme against the doctrine, and ideals of the church. My intentions were pure, but my faith was not selfless, honest, patient. I believe now that it is the right time for me to be baptized. I do not think my desire or testimony would be this strong were I not to experience this rigor.

P.S. Did I mention how excited I am?

No comments: